This just in from Jerry Waddle, owner of Ducky Waddle's Emporium:
"The Poetry Ruckus premiered to an SRO crowd at The Duck, on a cold and windy late October night in Leucadia. Your host welcomed MC Michael who presented us with a full performance card of twenty poets reading and reciting their work along with snippets of Kerouac. Memorable forays were plentiful. Belinda Rochman's dissertation on penis envy and her treatise on the short comings of divorce lawyers were particularly striking. Wabidoux Rob Bell brought it early with a full chapbook of verse spanning decades and a reminiscence of Alan Watts. Bruce Stephens closed the set with a convincing argument for getting close to the real God while riding on a surf board. After a brief intermission the guest of honor for the evening, Edwin Decker entertained with recent poems, self deprecating and bold, extended and minimalist, a few memorable columns, some personal insights and readings from his book Barzilla. It was a memorable evening and we will do it again. I just have to figure out how to get more people inside The Duck. Stay tuned for the next event."
What I have to say about the Ruckus:
"That was awesome, people. I can't believe we managed to fit over twenty poets and at least twenty more guests into the store. I can't believe how amazing all of the readers were. I can't believe how awesome special guest Ed Decker was. I can't believe we get to do this again, December 9th at 7P.M. Stay tuned for more deets."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment